Ashland Youth Center Oral History Project
For eight years, a group of young people worked with community stakeholders to create a space where they could gather, learn and thrive. The result is the REACH Ashland Youth Center, a dynamic multi-purpose youth center that is transforming the entire community. Story For All trained a group of local youth to document this important story.
Goal: Train local youth to document, preserve and present the history of the REACH Ashland Youth Center.
- Project design, management and facilitation
- Training in oral historyand videography
- Conduct and record interviews with a wide range of stakeholders about the groundbreaking collaboration that allowed for this center to be built
- Archive of oral history packages
- 15-minute video of the story of REACH
- Multi-media digital timeline for REACH website
- Presentations to community members, funders and stakeholders
Contact us to learn how we can use storytelling to strengthen your organization.